Friday, September 16, 2016

Happy.




According to both my coaches and in different ways I am improving, If just one had said it or implied it, I might have thought they were " blowing smoke". But as it is both of them, I will believe it. ( Right up to the point when I am destroyed in an upcoming tournament. Perhaps even after.) I am more relaxed and more confident. I know this. Young people will never understand the joy I get from my coaches comments. I have thought for a long time that as my body and mind aged, it would minimize or negate any chance for improvement technically or on strip. Maybe not.

It is unlikely that I will ever gain a higher rating or even renew my present one. It is not impossible, but it is improbable. So seeing improvement,.....reaching that goal.....is such an uplifting experience.

Coach Toomey said ,with a smile, last night at practice, " After 12 years of fencing, you finally have a style." Perhaps I am remedial, but I am happy.

1 comment:

pfly said...

A couple weeks ago a very good fencer at my club said something about my style. I was like "I have a style? Amazing!" ...of course he said my style was "unusual", but I'll take what I can get.