Sunday, May 3, 2015

Ciao and Duke





Farewell

Turned in my notice to the club. May 27th will be the last time I teach class. With the time I gain, oddly enough, one of the things I plan to study is coaching. I have a five year old grandson. If my body holds up, I plan to teach again. Even if it is a class of only one.



Duke Clinic

I attended a two day clinic at Duke last weekend. This was the first time they had included epee in the mix, as it is taught by the Duke foil and sabre coach. It was pretty basic. But with this type of clinic, it had to be. I never mind working on basics and for me it was like having two extra days of practice. Which I loved. My aging legs weren't that happy with it, but I was.

I got to fence at the Duke sale. I never thought that would happen. I had been to a ref clinic there and Alex and Elizabeth had shown me around a couple of times,  but I never thought I would fence there. I enjoyed doing that.

Alex has no involvement in these weekend clinics or the club temporarily hosted at Duke. Still, I had hoped I would see him on Saturday. Like most people, I really like that guy. Sadly the only time I ever get to talk to him are fleeting moments at collegiate fencing tournaments.

No comments: