Sunday, February 8, 2015

No Whining Zone




I have whined a great deal about aging to the point that I cannot hang with many of the young guns.
( In truth, it is not just age. It is also the amount of time I get to train, go to the gym and things of that nature. But it is mostly age.....I think.)

Lately a couple of friends of mine have been taken out of the game by severe illness. It has reminded me that there are a hell of a lot worse things than just getting older.

So from now on, I am not going to cry about the whole aging thing. I am done with that.
( I am pretty sure there will be times when I screw up on this resolution and I reserve the right to bitch about it with my training partner once in a while. She is about the same age as myself. But publicly, I am going to do my best not to whine.)

Also I have been thinking about Vet 70. I am about 6 years away from that. If I do not die; become ill or disabled; or if my body does not betray me in some other fashion during that time........that could be interesting. It is now one of the many fencing related things I want to work towards.

No comments: