Monday, March 3, 2014

Well....Crud!


Almost a month from when I achieved my first weight goal and I am still working on the last 5 pounds. ( Which is goal number two.) I am around 2 pounds away from that goal, but so far I am not able to cross the line. My weight can vary a couple of pounds depending upon when I weigh.

Working out is going well. I noticed today that my shoulders are rather defined. I did my shoulder routine yesterday. Maybe that had something to do with it. Depending on if I suck it in and hold it up, I can look pretty good in my bathroom mirror. If I relax totally, I look pretty much like I picture a the average 62 year old male. It is very hard to evaluate progress.  In the end, it is not about looking better, but moving better. The looking good days have long since pasted.

My last practice, I fenced fairly well and consistently.  My lesson was good and I moved pretty well. My knees are better and I can once again run up stairs. ( Okay...Run might be a slight exaggeration.) I need another couple of practices to see if my fencing is improving. I could have just had a good night and my fitness program and improved knees might not be coming into play.


Back to the weight loss goal. I guess I need to exercise more and eat less...or better. What I really need is to talk to someone that has knowledge about fitness and and exercise for guys over sixty. Useful information on the web sort of ends after forty years of age.It also is so generalized that it cannot take in to account personal positive or negative attributes. The trainers at my gym are 'jack legs". This type of discussion would be  above them.

If I get the chance, I will talk to people I think are knowledgeable enough to help me. If not, I will need to figure it out on my own.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

One thing to always remember with weight loss is that muscle weighs a lot more (roughly 5x more) than fat. So, you might be slimming down still, but gaining muscle faster than you're losing fat. Progress is still progress though, congratulations! :)