Monday, August 27, 2012

First Tournament of the Season


 I fenced in my first tournament for the season in Wilmington.


Positive spin: I finished in the top 8, as I placed 7th.

Hidden truths: There were only 19 people.


Negative spin: I stunk in pools and fell short once more in a rating change.

Hidden truths: I fenced fairly well in DE's.


Realistic spin: Mediocre result

Hidden truths: None




I Might Have Screwed UP

I accepted a job at this tournament for the Division. I had always maintained that I would NEVER be involved in any Division post or be a Division office. ( Note: When I first started fencing, people in my club were Division officers and I heard way to much criticism and nit picky crud from people within the Division about what they were doing.  I don't need that in my life.)

Sadly, in a moment of weakness, I allowed myself to be put on the Nominating Committee. Most of the people at the Division Meeting where from coastal clubs and they needed someone from the Western part of the Division. I was not in attendance in the meeting. I was wisely playing with my grandson at the beach. I was assured that this was the easiest position within the Division.








1 comment:

cobalt said...

Meh...but it was a decent 19.