Monday, August 17, 2009

Point....Counter Point ( Fencing....~snicker~ Get It?)

" cobalt said...

But taking weeks/months to process a rating change does help the fencer? Because that's why that rule was put in place.

The fencers are our customers, they're within their rights to want quick service.

Saying, "Cause that's the way it always has been.", only leaves us continuing to tread water against other sports that DON'T have a problem doing this. "

August 17, 2009 7:58 AM


This was a response to the last post in my journal. I agree with what was said here.

On the other hand I still believe that that giving people two days or risk loosing the right to be sanctioned is a bit extreme.

1 comment:

cobalt said...

If it wasn't an automated system on a very simple to use web site, I could understand. But to paraphrase mattacox on a different question I asked, "I call BS." If you're a tournament organizer, then you should understand nowadays how important it is to have that data up on askFred anyways. It's a big deal in regards to promotion of your tournament, and helps the sport as a whole. Honestly, I can't think of anyone who took more than 2 days to get that stuff online last year(Well, I can think of one... )

And with the automation on ncfencing.org, it's pretty simple stuff for the observer. And Matt's a pretty active webmaster. When there's a problem he's pretty much immediately on it.

All in all, I have good vibes about this new system. I tried poking holes into it as best I could. It's pretty solid. Obviously, with people trying to cheat it, holes will be found. But, all in all, it's a massive improvement in organization from last year.