Saturday, August 22, 2009

Charlotte Fencing Academy


I had a really good day fencing at the Charlotte Fencing Academy.

By "good" I do mean I fenced well. But it was a good and enjoyable day of fencing. It was also the first time I had really fenced all summer.

The club had an unsanctioned team event, which was by invitation only and for the club members.

We were fortunate enough to have been included.

It was a small event with an "A" fencer captaining each team. I fenced with Kyle and Kerry. Kerry and I were carried to victory by Kyle.

We felt so welcome there. There is a true sense of family and everyone was so nice to us. In my opinion, the sense of family is THE most important aspect of any club.

The fencing was great. It was nice to not be concerned with the typical tournament stuff..

After fencing we went out to eat together and again we felt privileged to be a part of that group.

It was a day well spent and one of the best I have had in recent times.

1 comment:

cobalt said...

Glad to see you and Henri enjoyed it! Always a pleasure to have you all down.