Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Plan for Now

I fenced last week.

It was the first time I had ever seen a video of me fencing. Dang! I thought I was better than that. I now see things to work on.

In my driving to Indiana during the week, I have not found a club near Jasper, Indiana.
Note: The job is long and fairly physical, so staying up late and driving far is not an option.

I do pass through Louisville, KY. 1 1/2 hours from Jasper and they have a club or two. I will explore this after I become more acquainted with my job and other matters.

There are some season end tournaments. Tournaments will now become practice. Get in some bouting when I can...where I can.

I might be able to meet with some friends on the weekend and bout.

If things go okay with the DFC, they may start free fencing on Fridays. I may can work that in.

The summer is always slow, so just as long as I can keep at it a bit, I may not loose to much. Of course I do not have ALL that much to loose.

My plan is to be a nomadic fencer....a homeless fencer for a while....but to still keep at it.

Not great. Not what I want. But it is a plan of sorts. If I had my way, my life would not be as it is. A lot of people would say the same thing.

Never more than of late, have I ever wanted to do the thing that makes me happy and forget all about the things I should do.

1 comment:

Kathz said...

A nomadic fencer sounds a bit like a knight errant.