Wednesday, May 7, 2008

No Epee Again

Another week of non-fencing. There is always regret in that, but perhaps not as much as usual.

I have been out of it mentally of late. It is my hope that I will rally soon, so that perhaps my passion will return.

I had a call tonight that let me know Coach Miller would not make it to Greensboro. This was my one night free to get in a bit of fencing.

My youngest daughter will be married this Saturday. There are things to be taken care of beyond the telling of it.

Her husband-to-be use to fence foil. ( I hope that does not screw up the gene pool.)

Two of my children fenced with me for a few months. I know they were not all that interested in it. They did it to spend some time with me. I will always be grateful for that time and for them wanting to do that.  ( Plus I bought them weapons and got to keep them after they moved on. Hey...you don't get to be old by being stupid.) Jaime Kate ( my daughter who is getting married ) did this. She is Daddy's girl in so many ways.

I will be glad when this is over. I will consider it over when we have the father-daughter dance at the vineyard.

There are some things in life more important than fencing. ( Though I would be a lair if I had not calculated the time from Dobson to the epee part of the Touche tournament on Sunday.)


4 comments:

nolefan38 said...

What a lovely bride and Daddy............................... Sherry

woodytheaxe said...

I see that picture, and I can't help but imagine her standing there smug in the knowledge that she's wearing combat boots and isn't afraid at all to use them.

That was a compliment.

fencerkath said...

Your daughter looks beautiful.

There are some things that are even more important than fencing - not many, but this is.  I hope the wedding is marvellous and that you make a triumphant return to fencing soon.

mereel2005 said...

What a beautiful bride your daughter is going to make.
Laini