Thursday, May 22, 2008

A Bit Hasty

The day after I posted my farewell, things happened at work to make me think that the traveling that was to become part of my job may not happen. I have traveled more than Indiana Jones, so I have had my fill and do not regret this not working out.

Sharon ( Nicole's Mom) told me I should finish up the semester. She is my Mother Coach.
It is best to listen to her.

I do not know how things are going to work out in the next month or so, but for now I can stay at home ( DFC) for a while.

It was good group lesson with Coach Miller last night and there was even time to fence Tommy before he got there. ( Which is right after the little kid class.)

The things we worked on in drills were basic. Some were impractical. Coach said as much, but felt that it was necessary. God and Coach....they move in mysterious ways.

I noticed that in drills that my actions are crisper and I am leading with my point better. The bell guard is were it should be most of the time. I felt good about my actions. The drills did not encompass things I wanted to check. Coming back into 6 in second parry ( relaxed arm ) and in a good 6. Coming back is just as important in fencing as going forward. That may be true in life.






1 comment:

ncfence004 said...

I'm glad you listen to your mother....ahhhh I mean Coach!  I hope you will continue to stay, we'd certainly miss your face.  C: