Thursday, March 13, 2008

Spring Break and Jim Grabs the Saddle Horn

There was not much fencing for me this week. UNC is off for spring break, so no Coach Miller in Greensboro or Chapel Hill.

I helped a little bit with the 10 to 12 year old class on Wednesday night.  ( By that I mean I set up a strip and  helped drag mats and closed up.) This is the largest age group in our club. I fenced in pools with a group of these kids. I alternated on being a cooperative target and working on wrist attacks around the bell guard. It was sort of fun. They are a good and really cute bunch of kids. We seem to have always attracted intelligent and cute kids.

After that five of us bigger kids hung around and fenced for a while. It was fun. Sharon ( Nicole's Mom ) reffed for a while. I thought that was cool.

I am planing on heading to Topsail Island and check on the beach house Friday night. There is a tournament in Wilmington ( a near by town ) on Saturday. If I finish in the upper half of the tournament, I will not feel ashamed. As my Dad use to say, " When you get thrown off a horse, you need to get right back into the saddle."

I always hated it when Dad said that.






1 comment:

ncfence004 said...

Don't ya just love "Dad" sayings...I'll bet you have a few that your kids hate to hear :)

Good luck this weekend.  I'll be checking AskFred on Sunday to see how you did.

Sharon