Thursday, March 20, 2008

A Couple of Days

Tuesday night I went to UNC. I thought I would try a day other than Thursday.

I did not do so well in my private lesson, but I got in a lot of strip time. I was not pretty and I did not keep moving as much as I should have, but my blade work was pretty damn good. Not only that, I used my pistol grip the whole time. I felt good about the night.

Wednesday I had lessons with Coach Miller. I felt kind of clumsy that night, but I learned a few things.

I read today that the club may not teach the UNCG continuing education fencing program this Spring. This is were I started and were some of our students have come from in the past. There are ( at the time of this writing ) not enough people signed up or showing interest to make it worth anyones while. I wonder if it is the recession and uncertain economic times or if there are other factors.

1 comment:

rdautumnsage said...

I think it's a great idea to move your schedule around from time to time. Keeps things interesting. As for the lack of interest....it could be any number of things. If the course was offered with a price incentive there might be more interest, then again who knows what type of people you will have then. Have a great holiday hon, your in my thoughts. (Hugs) Indigo