Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Last Kid

I drove to UNC tonight to fence. There were four people fencing epee, but I never got to fence anyone. It was a waste of time and gas.

There were 2 A's. They would not have enjoyed fencing me. There was B foilist fencing epee and some tall guy I did not know. I might have given them a run for their money.

I felt like the last kid picked on the playground for roller bat.

I needed Henri. Henri is cute and I can troll with her and get some one to fence with me.

Oh well....at least that is over for a few weeks before it starts back.

1 comment:

fencerkath said...

That is appalling behaviour on the part of the other fencers.  I've had the benefit from a coach who fences as a veteran at international level and who has competed in the Olympics.  Epee is not his main weapon and he's not there to coach me but every so often he invites me to fence.  Sometimes he will fence right-handed (he's a left-hander but likes to try right-handed fencing too).  Once when I thanked him for fencing me, he said it was an opportunity to try out new things.  I don't know how accurate that was but it was kind and I certainly enjoy the opportunity of fencing him.  And that's how the best fencers I know behave.