Monday, May 21, 2007

Fencing...Food...Forest.


We had a fun little tournament at club on Sunday. You rolled dice to see what weapon you fenced. A miracle has not happened and I somehow got better at foil. I was pretty sure that was not going to happen.

I understand that Woody won. I had to leave around 12:30 to go start getting some things ready for the fencing club picnic.

I got to the park around two and unloaded a bunch of stuff. I finished and put on some relaxing music and lay there under the trees, It was the most relaxing time I can remember having lately. For a breif period I was at total peace. I could have slept there. I need to get out in the woods when there is a mild day like that. It is good for the soul.

I did not get to spend a lot of time talking to people at the picnic. It seemed I was always moving around. In fact, it was the first time I ever felt like my Mom. She fed people. I even sat where I could keep an eye on things that were going on.

I also got to hang with Julian and Luis. This was the first time I ever had a conversation with Julian. It was very interesting. We walked and talked by the water and in the woods. We had conversations concerning wildlife and plants. We would make our way up a steep hill back to the shelter and he would grunt like an old man and complain about how steep the hill was. He did this three times, because he kept wanting to make the same trek. I enjoyed being with him.

Everyone seemed to have a good time and liked the food. I put a little effort into making it happen, so I was pleased.

 


 



 

 


 

1 comment:

woodytheaxe said...

It was good.  A good time was had by all, and I think everyone would do it again.  Although, if we could fence on one day and eat on another, that might be better.  It took until Tuesday for me to recover from it all!