Monday, April 16, 2007

Better Than a "D"

It is vein of me to post this here. It is a comment from Sharon (Nicole's Mom) made in the proceeding post. But...Hey...it is my journal! Thank you Sharon. I really do not have the words to tell you how this comment made me feel.

I think you did wonderful this weekend!  First off, you fenced.  Given everything that's been going on the past few months it would have been easy to say I'm just not up to it.  But you didn't...you FENCED.  You finished first in your pools and 8th overall after pools.  I think that says something about your performance.  Of course it was bad luck getting John Rea for your first DE....but you ended up finishing in 17th place.  By my calculation that's in the top two thirds.  So you met your goal for the tournament.  John only finished one spot above you.  As a parent of a fencer I think I can safely say your dad would have been very proud of you and what you accomplished this weekend.  

Also I can't say enough about the support and encouragement you provide to your fellow teammates (and their parents).  It hasn't gone unnoticed or unappreciated.  Thanks for being there for all of us.  -- Sharon

 

No comments: