Thursday, September 28, 2006

A Year

Somewhere around a year ago, I started keeping this journal.  I started keeping for a number of reasons. One of which was that I had been reading Woody’s blog. Prior to that, I had only a vague idea of what a “blog” was. My friend David also was responsible for getting me to start this.

 The other day, my friend Beth, asked me what I had gotten out of fencing. Today I scanned the titles of my entries. Holy Crap!!! A lot of things have happened in a year! Injury and illness…..frustration and joy……….making friends and watching friends leave….learning a great deal and finding out you have not learned all that much. I read the titles to my entries and I cannot believe I did all of that in one year’s time.

 I am glad I kept this journal. I have been thinking that I may print it out and leave it for my kids to find one day…or perhaps their kids. I would have loved to read something like this that m grandfather wrote. The truth may be that future children of MY children, may not really give a damn.  BUT......just maybe they will. And just maybe .....just maybe....one of them will fence.

No comments: