Tuesday, August 1, 2006

Ready or Not

Well..In preparation for Coaches College....and following Woody's instructions.....Mario and I gave our first foil lessons to the class last night. It went fairly well. I felt a bit clumsy and unprepared at times.
 
I doubt that I will ever know enough to see myself as a coach. I might work my way up to a assistant coach or coaches helper...or something...but not a coach.
 
This is putting the cart before the horse however. First, lets see if I can pass at Coaches College. It has been a couple of decades sense I have had to study. I may have lost those skills.
 
I have tried to look at the bright side. Even if I fail, I should be a better fencer for the training. If that happens, I can just go around fencing epee, which is what I really like doing anyway. And I should be a better epeeist for the training. So It seems like I can't loose...except face.
 
Suddenly, it does not sound like this is a no loose situation.  Lost Boys hate to loose face. I never take it well.
 
Ready or not...here it comes. My plane leaves for Colorado Friday morning.
 
You know...I just want to go to a little tournament someplace and fence. That is all I really want to do.  Just a little "E" and Under kind of thing. But.........noooooo...I am going to the United States Olympic Training Center for 10 days.
 
I am often amazed at life's little happenings!

No comments: