Sunday, August 13, 2006

Coaches College Part One

I have just returned from nine days in Colorado Springs, Colorado. I was at the United States Olympic Training Center. ( I never get tired of saying were I was, because it was such a truly awesome experience.) I attended Coaches College for Foil One. In essence I was certified as a coach in that weapon.
 
It was my intention to come back and place a single post on the subject. I do not think that is possible to do. There is to much to say. The highs and the lows of it, that ended in such a HIGH. Just being in around and watching the athletes. So many kinds, shapes and sizes. Seven foot girls volleyball players ( 6 feet of legs), tiny gymnast, weight lifters that look likes they could pull a fire hydrant out of the ground and so many other top rated people in so very many sports. It was fascinating. The food; being around great coaches ; being around great fencers; being EMERSED in fencing. Being in a gym every day at 8:00 AM and staying there until 9:00 PM every night.  Did I mention the food? That requires a post of it's own! Sore ankles...being so very tired....being so very sweaty....being brain dead......having so much knowledge shoveled into your tiny brain that you cannot digest anymore. I do not think I will ever be able to explain it to someone that has not been.
 
As I have just return tonight. In truth, I am just to drained mentally to try to post further about it this evening. I will just say that it was one of the greatest experiences I have had lately. I will continue with this entry when the cob webs have cleared.
 
PS. Thanks to all that helped and supported me while I was there.  Truly.......Thank you!

No comments: