Monday, March 20, 2006

Doctor

I went to the doctor today. The nurse took my blood pressure and it was 190 over 100. She left the room and I started figuring up life insurance and 401k for my family. What notes I should give them and if there was time. I also thought about fencing in Divisionals, if I lived that long. (Dying with a sword in my hand.....I can think of a lot worse ways to go.)

The Doc comes in and talks with me. She looks at my arm and she looks at the blood pressure thingie. She looks at my arm and she looks at the blood pressure thingie. She looks at my arm and she looks at the blood pressure thingie. "Let me see if I can find one of these with a BIGGER cuff",she says. She pumps it up and my blood pressure is a little high......but nothing like the 190 over 100. I got some new meds (free samples) and I have a physical next Monday. She does not see it as a big deal and......................She said I can fence this weekend!!!!

 

 

Jim the Impaler is back in the game!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

3 comments:

shazna02 said...

Congrats - what a scare, eh?  I am very glad to hear that the high blood pressure isn't an immediate impediment.  Go get them!

ktbfencing said...

Yay Jim! I'll be there refereeing....glad to see you're getting back on your feet! -Karen

dweaver307 said...

Don't you know that the warranty ran out when you turned 40? And how many years ago was that. This is just another of lifes cruel reminders. Sounds like you had a touch of "white coat anxiety". I have had to start taking meds for my blood pressure even though it has only risen a little from where it's been all my life. They lowered the acceptable high water mark so now they say what has been fine all this time was actually too high. Who should I sue?;-)
I think they just want to push more drugs.