Saturday, March 18, 2006

Crap!

This week, I did not fence sabre. I took my daughter to fence epee and I directed. I will not compete in the tournament today. ( For more than a couple of reasons.) Crap! Crap! Crap!

For the last couple of years, I have been taking blood pressure meds. It was not real high at all, but with the new changes in the kind of blood pressure they want now, it was a good idea to start taking them. About a week ago, I decided to stop taking these meds for a few days and see what my blood pressure was. Maybe I did not need them anymore. Well....I did. So I started taking them again. This week, I found that even though I was taking them, my blood pressure was high. Friday it was WAY high!!! I don;t feel right either. I am a strong guy and I don't feel strong.

So.......I need to get this fixed before next weekend, as it is the divisional tournament. That may be impossible, but I will try.

I hate writing about this problem. I hate showing weakness. However, this is a journal about a man my age and fencing. This is part of the story. I just hope it has a happy ending.

2 comments:

ktbfencing said...

That explains where you were yesterday! I hope you feel better soon! See you next week!

-Karen

dweaver307 said...

Get you kids out of your house. It helped my blood pressure.

Just kidding. You probably just need new meds. Keep me informed.
Dave