Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Realistic Goals

Monday Foil: I fenced mostly new students, so I did not get a chance to completely test my theory on attacking. That is just as well, as I continued to make (by reflex) some of the same epee attacks that seem to work for me. What to do......what to do? I am going to try and not dwell on it as much and try and work things out. ( All in good time.)

On my drive home, I think I may have put foil....and fencing into perspective. In some things of importance I try to set goals and objectives. This is a way to measure progress and to stay focussed. I learned to do this some place.....some time in life. Set goals....set realistic goals and objectives. To this I think I now say......" HORSE FROCKEY!" I am having fun....and I am going with that.

I am heading towards 54. I will never have the legs of an 18 year old. I will never have that flexibility again. My hand speed and reaction time is still surprisingly fast.

I will try to play to my strengths for as long as they last and create some new ones.

I will still give myself assignments and things to work on

I will learn what ever I can....from whomever I can....and I will look for opportunities to learn.

I will try not to obsess about foil any longer. I am not putting pressure on myself for a while....I am just going to have some fun.


 

No comments: