Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Happily....I Need a New Goal

Saturday, I fenced in a tournament and got my" E" in epee. ( An "E" is a designation of rank within the USFA.) This has pretty much been my goal in fencing and I am really happy about it. Of course.....Now I need another goal. That will not be hard to come up with. It is an easy thing to do in fencing.

What I learned from this:

That if you think someone is a jerk, maybe you should give them a second chance. I think I knew this once and forgot it.

That your wife should always give you a hug for luck before a tournament. ( I am not sure about this one, but I am going to try it again the next time I fence a tournament.)

I have always liked Tommy. I learned I liked him a lot. (My team mate.) He is a good guy.

That a ride home after doing well in a tournament, is a lot faster and better ride than one of those loooonnnnggg reflective rides home.

That if you are down 11-6 in a DE, that it does not hurt to try some risky and creative things.


That I need to work on aerobic conditioning and loose some weight, to compensate for my age. ( I have known this for a long time, but I am going to do it now.)

That your wife likes it if you give her your medal, and tell her you got it because of her lucky hug.

 

No comments: