Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Hamstring,Doubles and Market....Oh My!

Tuesday, Nov 1, 2005 - 05:12pm
Last Friday I fenced epee. I went easy as my leg is bothering me and has a bruise on it as large as a football. I did okay. I generally do pretty well in epee. It is my weapon.

We fenced doubles. Now what this means is, two people fence two people at the same time. This is not an actually any sort of true fencing, but it is good training............and it is fun.
When one person from the team of two is hit, this leaves one person to fence two people at the same time.

All I can think of is in the movies, where the hero fights two or more people at the same time.
I am pretty sure now that the Mexican army guys that Zorro fought, where slow ...untrained....and had recently smoked some really good weed. Fencing two people is tough.

I worked all weekend and my ankles and feet are hurting. I fenced foil tonight......I did okay.
Not good...but okay. Unfortunately I was a bit to dynamic in my footwork and my leg is smarting pretty good.

There is a break this week, so I will not fence again until next Monday. I am never happy not to fence, but this is a good thing, I need some time to heal and rest.

No comments: