Wednesday, November 16, 2005

911.........Fencer Down!

Henri injured her ankle fencing the other night.  Henri is a woman around my age.

In the words of Henri's daughter: " Mom....You are SUCH a girl!"

Henri spent her first tournament shopping .

Her club "hoodie" sweat shirt is pink.

Henri once stopped in a lesson because she had a " nail emergency"

Henri blew her ankle making it 4-4 in a 5 touch bout. She went on to get touch 5. Their were tears in her eyes, when she hobbled off the strip.

Often in fencing, a petite body houses the heart of a lion.

Henri could be a very good fencer. I hope she is okay and continues. I like her and she has  natural ability. ( She also makes me laugh.)

Also: I started something new this week. I made a list of things I wanted to work on and review this month. I always do this, but I never wrote it down before. .It is helping me stick to it. Two of the things require me to make my coaches help me in specific areas. It will be interesting to see how that goes.

No comments: